Creston Area Library and Cultural Center
- On August 7, 2016, our library board of trustees, with vital assistance from a Capital Campaign Committee consisting of outstanding volunteers, formally launched our efforts to raise $1.9 million in the Creston area for the purpose of transforming the Gibson Memorial Library into the Creston Area Library and Cultural Center. With support from over a dozen area civic groups, our building plan doubles the size of the Gibson Memorial Library, providing much-needed space for children's programming, public meetings, cultural events and new library materials. We are the only public library in Union County, with a focus on keeping our citizens digitally connected to the world around them, while continuing to provide traditional library services with an emphasis on the interests of our patrons.
- Please donate with check or cash-
As an Individual, a family, a business, or an organization we encourage you to give generously to support this effort. Pledges can also be made over a two-year period. We are eager to publicize your gift but of course it may remain anonymous. Please visit with library director David Hargrove about the details.
- Support with noncash gifts-
We accept noncash gifts of securities, real estate and planned gifts. Our fundraising specialist can help you and your financial advisor make your noncash gift a reality.
- Host a fundraising party at your home or work-
We will be happy to make it easy for you to host a fundraising party in your home or with your business or organization. It can be a simple and fun way to get others to support the transformation of our library,
- Volunteer for one of our fundraising committee groups-
Perhaps you would like to consider joining fundraising group of generous community members who are helping to plan events, write articles, make flyers, and cultivate donors. We can use your help,
- Become a CHAMPION for the Creston Area Library and Cultural Center by sharing your reasons for supporting our efforts. We can use your help spreading the good word. Thanks to you and your family's generous donation to the Creston Public Library’s capital campaign, space for children's programming will become a reality, on-site community meeting space will be available, and we'll be able to host local arts and cultural events.
- Click here to view the floor plan for the beautiful design above